CedarBoards™ Insulated Siding
Siding has more impact on the exterior appearance of a home than any other product. That is self apparent. What most homeowners are not aware of are the other great benefits to replacing their siding!
The Perfect Balance of Beauty and Performance
CedarBoards™ Insulated Siding provides the added strength and thermal benefit of rigid foam insulation with easy maintenance. Dressing your home in CedarBoards is like wrapping your family in a cozy blanket. Inside you will enjoy a quieter, more comfortable home. Outside you will appreciate the authentic look of natural wood, enhanced by distinctive colors and finishing touches.
- Straight even face with flat surface for look of wide board wood siding
- Custom contoured foam provides strength and rigidity for outstanding impact resistance
- 60% recycled content (Double 6″)
- TrueTexture™ rough cedar finish molded from real cedar boards
- Patented STUDfinder™ is designed for accurate and secure installation
- Absorbs sound for reduced exterior noise infiltration
- DuraLock® post-formed lock design
- 3/4″ panel projection
- Lifetime limited warranty
CertainTeed respects the environment through the responsible development of sustainable vinyl and polymer siding products and systems.
- 60% recycled content
- Participation in LEED and NAHB
- Benefits such as:
- Resource Efficiency — Our vinyl and polymer products are typically made using some recycled products. CedarBoards D6″ Insulated siding contains 60% recycled material. Using recycled material protects our environment by finding a use for material that would otherwise be landfilled. In addition, our manufacturing plants regrind and recycle products that do not meet our rigid manufacturing specifications. This regrind is then incorporated into the manufacturing process. In fact, one of our plants has achieved nearly 100% recycling of all plant waste. Using materials that contain recycled materials can earn up to 2 points under LEED 2009 and 0.5 points per product for LEED H. CertainTeed vinyl siding, polymer siding and trim are typically made using some recycled content. CedarBoards D6″ Insulated siding contains 60% recycled content.
- Energy Efficiency—When they are installed properly, vinyl siding and polymer siding create an efficient building envelope that does not conduct heat or cold. Some products—like our CedarBoards Insulated Siding—can actually increase the R-value of the building envelope, which reduces energy consumption and related CO2 emissions.
- Durability—Exterior walls, window frames, soffit, and trim that will not rot, peel, or warp can contribute to achieving points for Quality Management of Durability requirements for LEED H. Unlike wood, vinyl siding, polymer siding, and trim do not absorb water and are not subject to insect damage; they do not pit, rust, or corrode, and they never need painting. Most of our vinyl and polymer siding is warranted for the lifetime of the original owner, with the warranty transferable to a new homeowner for as much as 50 years from the date of installation. Vinyl siding, polymer siding, and PVC trim require less maintenance than wood and fiber cement.